Artist Marsha Bowers Bio
Marsha Bowers was born and raised in the Central Valley of California.
She is skilled both in fine art and decorative painting.
The artist is classically trained in the old Masters techniques of Flemish/Bistre and Venetian method using a grisaille underpainting and glazing with many layers. Most of her fine art paintings are rendered in oil. She sometimes applies real or composite gold leaf into her art pieces. She paints on canvas, linen, wooden panels and glass. Her paintings include portraits, figurative works, old master's reproductions, nature and symbolic themes. Her "paintings" gallery within this website includes some of her most recent works. They consist of images of women and are representative of the artist's symbolic themes. Each painting has a message or emotion that the artist wished to convey.
Statement from the Artist:
Life experiences are my greatest artistic inspiration. My work is influenced by observation of my surroundings, other people and my life. I find inspiration from all around me and sometimes also within dreams I have. I attempt to express these emotions I feel when painting. As far as I can remember from a small child I was creating. My Mom is an artist and I was raised from an early age surrounded by art. I have no other choice but to paint, it's as natural and needed as breathing the air. It has been one of my greatest joys in this life and also one of the hardest roads to follow. Painting is spiritual, magical and a passion for myself. I am continually striving to increase and develop my skills. It's difficult to describe in words the emotions that drive an artist as the feelings associated with creating and painting are so strong.
Thank you for viewing my art
Artist Marsha Bowers CV:
- Studied Art in College
- Certificate of Completion from New York School of Interior Design
- Award Winning Artist in over 10 local art Shows
- Publication-Step-by-Step Sewing Course: Essential Techniques for Making Over 150 Creative Home Projects By Karen Hemingway, Readers Digest (January 2006), Book includes Marsha's hand-painted canvas valance
- Certificate of Completion in the Old Master's Methods-The Flemish/Bistre Method through Liliedahl's School of Oil Painting
- ID Digest Editor's Choice Award Sept 2009 (Please note-ID Digest is no longer in publication)
- ID Digest~Featured Artist 2008
- ID Digest~Editor's Choice Award for April:2009
- ID Digest ~ Editor's Choice Award for May 2009
- Gallery Solo Show: The Artist Alley, San Francisco, Oct-Dec "Awakenings" Opening:Oct 8th to Dec 31st 2009
- Indepth Art News, "Awakenings" Article (Featured) http://www.absolutearts.com/artsnews/2009/10/12/35754.html
- ID Digest Choice Awards for February 2010
- International Contemporary Masters IV-2011, Artist was invited and was included within the hardbound book: Juried annual art publication- published at the end of 2010. The book will be distributed for free to selected collectors, curators, and art-lovers and will be on sale through: ,* Ingram (wholesaler), Backer & Taylor (wholesaler), * Barnes & Noble (National Book Chain), * Amazon.com (internet sales) and * Barnes & Noble.com
- Group Exhibition: Southern Nevada Museum of Fine Arts
International Contemporary Masters Volume IV 2011
Date: April 16th-June 4th 2011
- International Contemporary Masters Volume V -Artist was invited and her work featured within the hardbound book.
The book is distributed for free to selected galleries, collectors, curators, and art-lovers and will be on sale through:
* Ingram (wholesaler)
* Backer & Taylor (wholesaler)
* Barnes & Noble (National Book Chain)
* Amazon.com (internet sales)
* Barnes & Noble.com
- Fresno Youth Orchestra Painted Violin Project 2013-Artist's submission was selected along with 9 other artists to paint a violin to be auctioned off to benefit the Youth Orchestra of Fresno. Exhibited at the following locations:
- April 4th-Sorensen Studio for one night of Art Hop
April 5th – April 16th: Hanford Courthouse
April 16th – 26th: Boling Gallery
April 29th – May 13th: Fresno Art Hub
May 13th – May 24th: Margaret Hudson Studio
May 25th: Painted Violin Auction
- News Article-The Sentinel Painted Violin Project-
- Certificate of Recognition- Artist's painting was recently awarded honorable mention in Artavita's 4th online art contest.
- Publication-Important World Artists Hardbound Book- Artist is included within book. To be printed in mid 2013
Please view the artist's Exhibits and Publications by clicking on the below links